Leanne & Lexy

Leanne & Lexy

Saturday 1 January 2011

Who We Are

Alexa- Well, I'm 19 years old and I come from Scotland. In the past 4 years i have been to hell and back and set up camp for a while. I suffer from Crohns disease, I have an illeostomy (stoma), I have had it since i was 17 and its been the hardest experience of my life trying to adjust to these sort of things. In the process I've had 5 operations and 4 of which were in 2010 However, i wanna show people/tell them that you can be beautiful and still make your life the way you want. On here is a place for people to follow our day to day trials or weekly if we happen to be ill. This is a chance for us to speak up and make people see that you dont have to feel like an outcast, or even hide away what you want to say because other people think its disgusting. You have a voice so use it. This is what I'm going to do, and then people can feel comfortable enough to ask questions and not hide away your true feelings. People will read this, people will scoff at this or even laugh, but we all know that we are good, loving and kind people, who are going to make a difference in this lifetime......
Leanne- Hey im 22 years old and like Alexa I have crohns disease-except ive had mine since i was a child-ten years old . Since my diagnosis I have went through operation after operation(with the first one resulting in me having to have an ileostomy made),been in and out of hospital and had to take countless amounts of different medicines to try and control my increasingly worsening condition-I used to feel so depressed and worthless all the time,I thought I was ugly and would never amount to anything because the stoma and the illness would always be there holding me back. But I was wrong. True the illness and stoma will always be there but I realised that it didnt have to stop me feeling good about the way I looked,achieving what I wanted to achieve and even little things like being able to wear the kinda clothes i wanted to wear! So basically I just want to share this message with anyone who is suffering from these kind of problems-you can be who you want-dont let an illness rule your life.

5 comments:

  1. iv known alexa for a while and even with the crohns she is still the srongest person i kno and i have no idea how she does it lol love her to bits <3 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexa's my big cousin and although we don't know each other that well it's clear that she doesnt let the crohns get in her way. Shes amazing. :D

    To both Leanne and Alexa, go you for using your voices to help others!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexa is an incredible person and I have been in awe of her these past few years. The efforts she and Leanne are clearly going to are very impressive.
    Although I no longer see Alexa very often at all, I think of her all the time and marvel at how well she copes. Her strength is unbelievably inspirational.

    Good luck, girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have taken modelling photos of both leanne and alexa and they are great at what they do.. proving that nothing in life needs to stop you from doing what you want to do. Great girls :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watch these girls ride the roller-coaster of their condition. The Highs during periods of respite and the Lows when the illness consumes them as they sink and all but drown. But again and again they come back up for air, after each and every knock and set back they take. They always come back up. May the highs be with you always for you deserve them and we all stand in admiration of your strength and courage. Lots of love always . Ian X

    ReplyDelete