Leanne & Lexy

Leanne & Lexy

Saturday 8 January 2011

Disasterous Week of Health

Hey guys, its Alexa. Leanne cant post anything for a while, she's going go to hospital tonight, to figure out what's going wrong. Both of us have been pretty ill this week Leanne has been throwing up all of this week, so nothing is helping even though she is on one of the strongest anti-sickness injections! so I will be writing on her behalf this week :). Scary thought, I know. so here goes the first blog I'm doing by myself......

Leanne and I were away on Hogmany down to the borders, for her mum's boyfriends house party. It was a nice get together, I met some lovely people and I of course got to be with my partner in crime to bring in the new year. Both of us have had a rough couple of years so it was nice to think positive for a change. However neither of us have got off to a good start. We spent the weekend down at Ians (leanne's, mums, boyfriend, tad confusing, try keep up) so the party ended at around 2, it was a renovated steading, so it was 5 or 6 houses all joined together, it was great! I met a fascinating woman there, her name was coleen, Leanne told me all about her, I would tell you all too, but thats not my place. I loved her, totally my style if im honest. Anyway, wee sidetrack there. So Leanne and I didnt get to sleep until about 5am so naturally we woke up at 9, mainly because leanne got up frst and woke me up! but I was like, a little bit awake, so wasnt overly bothered. We lazed about the whole day! luxury, eating crap that we'd bought, starting our blog, looking at ideas for websites ( which we are starting soon, hopefully going to have chat rooms, links to suppliers, healthcare advice etc, so be patient and pray for a techy to come help me!) we sat down and had steak pie (me without the pie part, doughy things dont mix well with me, the make me feel so sick and doest help my bag any what so ever) anyway so we had dinner, leannes mum tidied up, we retreated to the gorgeous comfortable bed! and then we went through later on at night to watch some Avatar!Leanne and I had already seen the film so Ian and Angie were asking all the questions, we both said it was amazing, and they loved it, so we were right =)! however leanne and i fell asleep so we decided to leave the last part of the movie until Sunday night. On Sunday we went to Berwick Upon Tweed but in England the shops shut at 4 on a Sunday! so we went to Morrisons got cookies and shortbread! then went to a pub, had drinks with a lovely couple who stay beside Ian, they had the cutest dog ever! they were so nice aswell! So back home had dinner watched avatar, went to bed. I felt like death though, my back was killing me and my stomach was in agony, also I found Crohns around my stoma, again, not fun, and pretty sore if I'm honest!. So on Monday Morning, we got everything packed before the adults were awake! shame on them =P, I got home around 5, I was so tired and felt so crap, i just wanted to go to sleep. So I had dinner with my mum, fell asleep on the couch for a while, went to bed and then arrived awake on Tuesday, my mum had gone to work so I had time to relax a little =). I was awake about 9, and basically the rest of the day. One of my closest friends Gemma came round and we chatted and caught up a bit, she was flat hunting for her and her boyfriend so she was all excited, they are the nicest couple in the world, I'm so happy for them. So Tuesday was pretty uneventful for me, the pain in my stomach was agony, so I was struggling a bit to do anything, I don't know what went wrong, I'm hoping its something i ate, but I think it might be a flare up, it really feels like one, I don't know what to do. I really want keep this year hospital free, and then go next year, so I shall refuse to go. End of. Leanne was pretty much the same I think, she is so ill right now, its scary to see someone you love go through that every day. I worry so much about that girl its horrible to think that could happen to anyone. I suppose its the same for my family and friends, they see me struggle everyday, some things in life are sucky but you deal with them and move on. That's what I do anyway. So yeh I stayed at my boyfriends on Wednesday and I felt so groggy, and my body was so sore, i just wanted to curl up and sleep forever. I got home on Thursday and my mum was over-hauling the whole house! she had our junk cupboard all pulled out and was getting rid of things like her life depended on it! so bad. So over the weekend everything has been done nearly, my room was today and tomorrow. She's off all week so its ridiculous, I cant wait to clean the whole house! She is only doing it because the Occupational health have sent round a guy to fit a stair life on Tuesday. Yes things are that bad, I hate going up and down the stairs it hurts way to much, I tend to cry walking up the stairs and spend like half an  hour lying/sitting at the top crying before I have to come down. Fun times. I think thats all I have to say this week. It feels so weird not writing this with Leanne. I will go see her this week and give her a big cuddle and ofc wine gums =)
Til Next Week.
xxxxxx alexa xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alexa, just discovered your blog :)

    I think it's excellent that you're writing about your experiences. A lot of people try to pretend that bowel disorders don't exist and it's not fair that people should have to feel ashamed because of their body not working perfectly. Hopefully your example will change this!

    I've suffered from IBS since I was a child and it was never properly diagnosed or dealt with - I was on and off various medicines throughout primary school and missed a lot of school because I couldn't control it. I'm now able to manage everything through a strict diet, but something as small as eating the wrong type of fibre or missing a meal can make me incredibly ill. Not to mention living in fear of catching a stomach bug and how it'll affect me... So I'm very proud of you girls for living through much worse experiences and not letting it push you down! I've never talked about my IBS until recently and I discovered that a lot of other people suffer from it and just don't talk about it. You and Leanne are two of the brave ones who aren't ashamed to talk about your health!

    Best of luck for your blog - shall be following you from now on! :)

    Hugs,
    Rachel
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your first solo blog, Alexa, it really gives a great insight into the things you deal with in your daily life. I'm really glad you share so openly so that people like me can try to understand the disease better. You have such a good attitude about the whole thing, it's incredible.

    I hope you get the website up and running. My best wishes to Leanne, hope she's out of hospital soon, and I hope you feel better, too.
    x.

    ReplyDelete